The current Austin housing market update shows that it is still extremely competitive. There are more buyers than available homes, so buyers are waiving contingencies, waiving option periods, and often paying substantially more than the list price.
Homeowners who are considering putting their house on the market, might wonder if now is the best time to list their house or if they get even more for it if they waited?
Here are a few things they should consider:
- Sellers have the advantage, but how long will the increased buyer demand last?
- The capital gains tax savings for the sale of your primary residence can help to build wealth.
- Home builder response to the increased buyer demand could bring more new homes to market.
- Shifting buyer preferences for homes in the suburbs could impact appreciation.
- A recent survey of homeowners suggests a new trend could develop.
Charles Lewis is a REALTOR® in the Austin area. He helps people all over the greater metro area buy and sell houses. Schedule a no-obligation phone call to find out he can help you accomplish your real estate goals.
References for this video: